Working with COVID-19
IMC has been working hard to keep staff and consultants safe through the COVID-19 virus outbreak and to optimise project delivery where possible.
Wednesday 01 April 2020
Our plans are fluid and respond dynamically to changes in the situation.
The current measures we have taken are:
Repatriating staff wherever possible and desirable
Enabling staff across the world to work from home wherever possible.
Working with clients to identify ways to optimise project delivery
- We are working with client partners to transition project delivery from the field to the home office wherever possible.
- Much of our work is desk-based so this transition is relatively straightforward
- In countries and environments where home working is not typical, we are ensuring project staff have the correct tools and training to operate
- Our work in the field will need to be adjusted and we are working with client partners to put mitigation plans in place.
Working with clients to ensure payments due to labourers and communities at the end of our supply chain in poor countries are honoured. This requires collaboration and partnership from donors for prompt payment.
Contributing to the global COVID-19 response
- We have partnered with DFID on an innovation prize to programme to facilitate learning across multiple themes to address COVID-19. These themes are Data, Local Production, Local Solutions, Resilient Healthcare, Tech-enabled distribution and Digital Financial Services
- We are working with USAID to share tools for remote data collection.
- We are repurposing the DFID-funded road building programme in Nepal to make facemasks locally and distribute them to road building groups and their family members. We are also using the programme to raise awareness about the Corona Virus in remote areas.
- We are using the global networks of the DFID-funded High-Volume Transport (HVT) Programme to share guidance on dealing with the impact of COVID-19 on transport systems in Low Income Countries (LICs).
We are in constant touch with our people and our clients to remain responsive and connected. We will adjust plans as required as the impact of restrictions on travel and movement develops.
Please do contact us if you wish to discuss anything. We have a very experienced Regional Director team and a dedicated Director of Duty of Care and Security to assist with any query.
IMC is a strong team connected to a broad community of dedicated people. Together, we will get through.