Trade & Investment – Senior Consultant/Consultant
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
We are looking for an exceptional individual to support the Senior Technical Director to build a new Trade and Investment business stream that will effectively complement existing IMC projects.
The Senior Consultant/Consultant will support the Business Stream Leader to win a portfolio of Trade and Investment (TI) projects that enhances the broad portfolio of work we provide to a wide range of clients.
This will involve identifying and responding to opportunities, building a project pipeline, leading proposal development, providing consultancy services and advice to colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Support the development of an IMC Trade & Investment (T&I ) business stream strategy to build on past successes in both trade and investment and which supports the overall IMC Corporate Strategy
- Draw together and maintain a database of case studies to support the T&I strategy and which will form the basis of a Compelling offer for external clients and a knowledge pool for internal colleagues
- Scrape opportunity websites (alongside the marketing team) to identify opportunities for the IMC T&I team to compete for fee-earning technical assistance programmes
- Support the preparation of competitive bids to secure selected projects
- Create a suite of marketing documents to become part of our ITT submissions
- Maintain a strong understanding of global T&I issues and developments and become source of knowledge on the role of WTO inside IMC
- Become an internal champion for the importance of the T&I business stream and to support current initiatives also be prepared to contribute to wider scope project proposals as needed
- Become an external champion for the IMC T&I offer and be prepared to attend events, meetings and receptions in order to promote our capability and secure new contacts and potential business
- Coordinate and produce project Expressions of Interest (EOIs) and proposals to a high standard and to tight deadlines
- Coordinate and administer the day to day marketing, business development and project implementation operations. This includes the pipeline of opportunities, project and business development reporting, invoicing, chasing debtors, contracting, logistics, resolving difficulties, project support, etc.
- Ensure business practices are adhered to across the entire business (bid approval procedures, business integrity & code of ethics, quality/H&S/Security standard, etc.)
- Knowledge Management, maintain project data on Evolution (IMC’s internal opportunity tracker tool) for all worldwide projects and working with the communications team to promote our projects and experience
- Research in support of the development of the TI Strategy
- Communicate with and develop relationships with partner firms, senior international specialists, and development partner representatives
- Compile reports, final editing including headers and footers, tables and figure numbers, organising annexes, converting to PDF and stitching together component parts
- Increase IMC’s specialist consultant CV pool
- Maintain business development, CV and project reference databases
Terms & Conditions
Hours of work–This role is a full-time position. The working hours are 37.5 per week.
Location–The role is based in the IMC offices in Redhill. We are a short walk from Redhill train station, which has direct links to London and the South Coast. There is free parking available on site depending on availability
Salary–Competitive salary depending on experience
Annual leave–5 weeks’ annual leave plus public holidays. The holiday year is 1 January–31 December
Benefits–Buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, life assurance scheme, company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. IMC also supplies free refreshments and fruit, and there is a dress-down day every Friday
Click here to view the full job description.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is Monday 2 October at 9am.