Team Leader – Promoting Enterprise Development Programme, Lesotho
Consultant, Full-Time, Lesotho
IMC Worldwide is tracking an opportunity for an upcoming donor-funded project to promote enterprise development in Lesotho.
The programme aims to take a multi-strand approach to developing Lesotho’s private sector and ensuring that start-ups benefit from an enabling environment.
The programme will cover four main areas of enterprise promotion activities, including:
- Support the development of a strategy and implementation plan for business incubation, including virtual incubation
- Design and implement a business plan competition to incentivise young and innovative persons
- Assess the current business development services (BDS) market to determine its ecosystem and methods of improvement
- Build the capacity of Basotho Enterprises Development Corporation (BEDCO)
We are looking for someone who can successfully lead and deliver this programme ensuring effective, timely and value for money delivery. The role will also include responsibility for strategic vision, overall delivery and results of the programme as well as technical inputs.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in a relevant discipline
- Proven experience of leading international development programmes relating to business development services, enterprise promotion, business incubation, enabling environment or similar
- Previous experience of working as a Team Leader on donor-funded (preferably DFID) projects
- Previous experience of working in Southern Africa with experience in Lesotho being preferable
- Previous experience in working in space between private sector and government
- Demonstrated understanding of the political and socio-economic context surrounding business enabling and micro, small and medium-sized enterprises
- Experience of adaptive management principles is desirable
Interested applicants should include details of current availability and anticipated fee rate.
Please submit your latest CV along with a covering letter emphasising your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Lesotho: Promoting Enterprise Development Team Leader” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications 31 October 2017.