Team Leader – Bangladesh, Monitoring and Evaluation of Urban Resilience Project
Consultant, Full-Time, Bangladesh
We are looking for a Team Leader of the Monitoring and Evaluation of Urban Resilience Project in Bangladesh.
The People’s Republic of Bangladesh has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of Urban Resilience Project (URP).
The Government of Bangladesh intends to hire the services of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) consultancy to assist the Project Coordination and Monitoring Unit in monitoring and evaluating all aspect of the URP and IMC Worldwide has been invited to submit a proposal.
The M&E Consultancy Services will have four broad tasks:
- Carry out independent monitoring and evaluation of project progress, including inputs, outputs, processes, outcomes and impacts in relation to the various project components carried out by all the project implementing agencies, including the Project Coordination and Monitoring Unit (PCMU).
- Carry out independent monitoring of project specific operational risks and mitigation measures.
- Provide independent and regular feedback to the Project Steering Committee through PCMU on its evaluations of the above as well as on any other specific issue as directed by the PSC/PCMU.
- Provide assistance to PCMU in the review and supervision of project environmental and social safeguard compliance by the Implementing Agencies of all URP components.
We are therefore seeking an experienced international development professional to include for the Team Leader position for this programme.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the delivery of agreed programme outcomes/milestones and will be responsible for technical leadership of the design, planning and implementation of the programme. In this role, you will oversee the day to day implementation of the programme in collaboration with other key stakeholders. You will represent the programme and the company with the client, partners and other stakeholders including the Government of Bangladesh.
Qualifications & Experience
- MSc in Engineering or Masters in Science/Social Science
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in team leadership of partner-financed large development projects. Experience with World Bank-funded programmes and disaster resilience programmes is particularly relevant
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on M&E projects
- Proven leadership and team management experience of personnel, finances and operations
- Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a range of stakeholders, including government departments, programme partners, donors, private sector organisations and NGOs
- Excellent communication skills including good presentation, facilitation and report writing skills – samples of written work may be requested
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience working on M&E of environmental assessments and/or social & resettlement assessments
- Previous experience in disaster risk management
- Work experience in Bangladesh
This role duration will be full-time for 20 months based in Dhaka, Bangladesh from October 2017 to June 2020 (with possible extension).
How to apply
If you are interested in being considered for this role please submit your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org with Team Leader – Bangladesh Monitoring and Evaluation of Urban Resilience Project in the subject line. Please include details of your current availability and anticipated fee rate.
The closing date for applications is 26 May 2017 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job may close sooner if a suitable candidate is identified before the closing date. You are therefore advised to submit your application as soon as possible.