Consultant, Full-Time, Worldwide
IMC Worldwide is tracking an opportunity for a DFID funded project to research and promote digital technology for agricultural development worldwide.
The programme will undertake strategic implementation research, working on four main components: (i) scoping and design of new agricultural and agrifood system programmes using new technologies, (ii) implementation research to bring new technology into existing programmes and advising on technology enabled approaches to M&E (iii) providing strategic guidance to maximise benefits from new digital technologies whilst effectively managing risks, and (iv) generating and disseminating robust research and learning.
IMC is actively seeking a dynamic individual to drive the strategic vision and results generation of this flagship contribution to improving agricultural outcomes in developing countries. You will have both technical input and be responsible for ensuring effective and timely delivery. But you will not operate alone: you will be supported by a highly experienced senior Programme Manager who will lead on budgeting, work plans, team coordination and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
We seek an ambitious mix of digital know-how and international development experience. These bullets provide a snapshot of a winning combination:
• Deep understanding of digital technologies for international development, preferably within the agricultural sector;
• Proven experience leading multi-year, international development donor-funded programmes, within the digital innovation/ agriculture sectors;
• Previous experience of commissioning and coordinating applied research, and research uptake;
• Experience engaging with a wide range of national and international stakeholders;
• Experience of agile ways of working, lean impact, adaptive management and/or user-centred design is desirable;
• An innovative and creative attitude to development challenges;
• Ability to see the bigger picture, think strategically, and translate a vision into real action;
• Excellent team management and communication skills.
For more details please read the full job description. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore it is recommended to apply as soon as possible.