Senior/Principal Road Safety Engineer
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
Do you want to lead and deliver diverse infrastructure projects working in International Development markets worldwide?
Do you want the opportunity to work with a committed, very professional and talented team which works hard to deliver outstanding results?
The Road Safety Team is looking for committed and ambitious Road Safety Engineering experts to help build the business and deliver our programme of work which has spanned countries such as: Guyana, St Lucia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Nepal, Bangladesh and more.
You will provide high quality consultancy and project management services as well as identify opportunities and develop tenders and proposals.
- Lead the delivery of road safety engineering and road safety policy, on a wide range of development sectors assignments as required.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, environmentalists, sociologists, planners and policy makers in the multi disciplinary teams across the company.
- Work with the IMC business streams and regions to build pipelines of opportunity leading the business strategy for future business.
- Use initiative to exploit business opportunities and win work for the Highways and Road Safety Sectors and wider business through developing network and relationships with partners, donors & clients.
- Proactively target new business opportunities and lead and contribute to high quality expressions of interest and proposals to win new business.
- Work with other team members to deliver the Road Safety strategy and capability, and the overall Engineering Strategy.
- Meet the quality standards of the company and of the development partners, our Clients.
- Meet the high ethical standards of the company as directed by the IMC policies related, but not limited to: Business Ethics, Equal Opportunities, Anti-Harassment & Bullying, Safeguarding, Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking and Data Protection.
- Build relationships with clients, partners and consultants, and attend market engagement meetings.
- Manage complex projects and lead relevant tasks within a project, including supervising the work of others and ensuring that projects and programmes are delivered to the high standards expected by IMC and our clients.
- Champion rigorous quality assurance of the team’s activities and products and contribute to ensuring skills and approaches to this across the team.
Click here to download the full job description.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experience you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14 September 2018.