Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
The successful candidate will support business development, technical support and project delivery across a range of sectors in urban & rural transportation.
You will join a highly experienced team of professionals providing consultancy services and project management for donor-funded projects in international development. The work will support our clients, including governments and multinational development financing institutions, with expertise in integrated transport infrastructure and engineering services, as well as associated key technical expertise in gender equality and social inclusion, climate resilience, low-carbon, disaster risk management, master planning, investment, research and technology and more.
You will also bring your own skills and experience to the team and support adoption of latest thinking and knowledge to enhance business development and project delivery, in particular latest thinking in climate change, low-carbon infrastructure, data management and smart systems.
Main responsibilities/job content
• Proactively target new business opportunities and lead and contribute to high quality expressions of interest and proposals to win new business
• Use initiative to exploit business opportunities and win work through developing network and relationships with partners, donors & clients
• Support technical inputs, principally in the areas of Highways and Transportation that is most relevant to the applicant, on a wide range of assignments as required
• Work collaboratively with engineers, planners and policy makers in multi-disciplinary teams
• Manage projects and support on project tasks, under the leadership of other specialists, to ensure delivery to the high standards expected by IMC and our clients
• Work with other team members to deliver the company and business stream strategies
• Meet the quality standards of the company and of the development partners, our Clients
• Meet the high ethical standards of the company as directed by the IMC policies related, including: Business Ethics, Equal opportunities, Anti-Harassment & Bullying, Safeguarding, Anti-Slavery and Human trafficking and Data Protection
A typical day at work
A typical day would involve a range of project-based inputs for our programmes around the world as well as supporting proposals for new project work and contributing to the strategy development of the team.
Project work could include supporting Supervision of construction of resilient roads in Tonga, developing datasets with climate change scenarios to support a cost-benefit analysis for infrastructure development in Bangladesh, or helping deliver research into understanding the transition of transport systems to low-carbon operation in low-income urban environments under our High Volume Transport programme. Project support would be provided through a range of desk-based work, remote calls/meetings across different time zones and in-person travel to the countries in which we operate.
You would also typically spend a portion of the day discussing new opportunities with the infrastructure team and our various regional teams (e.g. via World Bank, FCDO or USAID funding), helping to decide which projects to pursue and how a project delivery team might look, and then contributing to the development of the relevant Expressions of Interest or proposals.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.
For more information about working with IMC please click here
For more information about IMC please click here