Regional Assistant – Africa and the Caribbean
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join the expanding Africa and Caribbean regional team.
The African and Caribbean Regional team is expanding. To keep up with the growing business, we are looking for an exceptional individual to join the team.
The role will include supporting the region with business development activities, project administration as well as general administration for the region. You will provide support to the Regional Director and Associate Director in leading, developing and growing the Africa & Caribbean region.
- Working with IMC’s technical business area teams to identify global opportunities.
- In cooperation with the Regional Lead, planning, identifying and mobilising the resources needed for the regional business development and project operations.
- Coordinating and producing project expressions of interest (EOIs) and proposals to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
- Working with the team to support the negotiation proposal budgets and consultant fee rates with partner firms and consultants, and preparing financial proposals.
- Coordinating and administering the day to day marketing, business development and project implementation operations in the region. This includes the pipeline of opportunities, project and business development reporting, invoicing, chasing debtors, contracting, logistics, resolving difficulties, and project support.
- Working with the team to support the financial management of projects, including controlling budgets, managing expenditure, invoicing and payments.
- Support to the regional team to ensure business practices are adhered to across the entire business (bid approval procedures, business integrity and code of ethics, quality/H&S/security standard, etc.).
- Knowledge management, maintain project data on Evolution (IMC’s internal opportunity tracker tool) for all worldwide projects and working with the communications team to promote our projects and experience.
- Research in support of the development of the Africa and Caribbean Regional Strategy.
- Communicating with and developing relationships with partner firms, senior international specialists, and development partner representatives.
- Pulling together reports, final editing including headers and footers, tables and figure numbers, organising annexes, converting to PDF and stitching together component parts.
- Increasing IMC’s specialist consultant CV pool.
- Maintaining business development, CV and project reference databases.
- Providing support to the Regional team and across the company as needed.
Terms and Conditions
Hours of work – This role is a full time position and basic working hours are 37.5 per week.
Location – The role is based in the IMC Redhill office.
Salary – Depending on experience.
Annual leave – 5 weeks annual leave plus public holidays. The holiday year is 1 January – 31 December.
Benefits – Buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, life assurance scheme, Company pension scheme, and cycle to work scheme. Free refreshments and fruit are also supplied and there is a dress down day every Friday.
We are a short walk from Redhill train station, which has direct links to London and the South Coast. There is free parking available on site depending on availability.
To view the complete job description, click here.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, and also the skills and experiences you can bring to the role by Monday 24 April 2017 at 9am. Your covering letter should also include details of your salary expectations.
Skype interviews are planned for the week of 1 May 2017.