Project Coordinator – Project Management Unit
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
Do you like to bring order to support progress? Do you understand time and cost benefits that are associated with strong Project Management?
If so, we would like to hear from you!
The PMU is looking to add an exceptional individual to support our amazing team of Project Managers and assist them to introduce innovation and efficiency across various programmes and projects, both internally and directly provided to external clients.
Our team’s clear ambition is for Assistant Consultants to progress into competent Project Managers, each able to work independently and within teams on complex multi-year, multi-location and multi-sector programmes as well as some really exciting, small and niche projects and programmes.
You will need to be able to demonstrate clear interest and skills in project and financial management and be prepared to confidently contribute to innovative thinking as a benefit offered to IMC and our clients.
As a team the PMU acts with integrity and in total support of all IMC Corporate values and we do so with a smile on our faces in a highly positive and collaborative environment – especially at times of high intensity and pressure.
- Your prime objective will be to assist the Project Managers (PMs) to deliver projects to time and on budget. You will be a PMU-wide resource and will work with multiple PMs at any one time and will therefore demonstrate an ability to effectively prioritise tasks and requests.
- You will assist in contracting and mobilising staff and consultants, by working with the PM and Project Support Officer to select and complete the necessary paperwork, permissions and processes.
- You will assist the PM to manage budgets, by recording, tracking and reporting of financial positions. You will process both sales and purchase invoices and so an attention to detail is vital to alert the PM to issues and variations from the plan.
- You will prepare engagement contracts for both individuals and sub-consultants and help develop a project’s Terms of Reference.
- You will regularly communicate with different personalities across projects and will help the PM manage relationships with senior and specialist colleagues and subcontractors; industry representatives and Government clients.
- You will organise (and actively participate in) internal and external meetings – face-to-face; Skype or by telephone.
- You will take ownership of the PMU Intranet site and actively manage the PMU Training programme to ensure they both remain relevant, current and interesting.
- You will support the PMU to develop and create exceptional fee-earning Project proposals that create new revenue streams for IMC Worldwide, from externally contracted project management.
- Finally, you will be prepared to provide whatever support is required by PMs to ensure success and become a champion for the benefits of sound Project Management techniques.
Click here to view the full job description
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
The closing date is Friday 6 July 2018.