Programme Manager – High Volume Transport Applied Research Programme
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
Do you like the idea of working on fast-paced and high-impact programmes? Would you like to help shape the future of global transport? If so, we want to hear from you!
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and committed Programme Manager to join the energetic and creative Global Programmes Team at IMC worldwide.
The Global Programmes team is responsible for the delivery of a number of large scale global projects and is also looking to expand the companies portfolio of work in Latin America.
We have an opening for a Senior Programme Manager to take on responsibility for one of IMCs most exciting Global programmes – the High Volume Transport Applied Research Programme. This role will take up to 80% of the candidates time.
The other 20% will be spent supporting other Global programmes projects and undertaking business development.
About the Programme
Priority areas of research for HVT include:
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation recognising that transport is responsible for approximately 25% of greenhouse gas emissions
- Gender, inclusion and equity in transport, and road safety
- Policy and regulation (including engineering)
- Technology and innovation (including data and decision support systems)
- Fragile and conflict affected states
- Research uptake and capacity building
- Research projects are implemented through contracted research suppliers but managed in-house. Suppliers comprise universities and public and private sector research organisations.
As Programme Manager
You will take on a leadership role managing the programme. This includes:
- Manage day to day operational delivery of services to ensure that contractual milestones and key performance indicators are met and maximum programme impact is delivered
- Operational client relationship management
- Co-ordinating the team of procurement, research, research uptake and communications managers to ensure the successful delivery of all aspects of the programme with support from the Project Co-ordinators
- Finance management of both management fees and the research fund including budget monitoring, forecasting, monitoring revenue and margin and client invoicing
- Work with the Team Leader to manage the project work plan, including milestones, managing changes, issues and risks and updating project governance documents as needed
- Co-ordinate on technical inputs to activities which contribute to the achievement of desired outcomes, mobilising short term support as required
- Co-ordinate preparation of Quarterly Reports or other progress reports
- Maintaining and developing relationships with other donors and agencies operating in fields related to the High Volume Transport Programme
- Identify areas where project performance might be enhanced; this could be through proactive or innovative engagement with other stakeholders or maximising project benefits
Read the full job description for main responsibilities and more details on this role
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 16 November at 9am.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.