Principal Consultant – Communications and Knowledge Management
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
We are seeking a dynamic Communications and Knowledge Management Consultant, at Principal level, to join and lead our energetic and very capable digitally-focussed team to work on a range of corporate and project work across the entirety of our programmes.
You will work in international development markets, where you will provide consultancy services, manage projects and work with international media. You will also engage in identifying opportunities and developing proposals.
You will lead and work with the Communications team on internal and external corporate communications projects such as our Intranet and building our online presence.
The successful applicant will be involved in projects ranging from our work building rural roads in Nepal, upgrading schools in Pakistan, evaluating the Violence Against Women Projects in South Asia and helping to develop start-ups across Sub-Saharan Africa.
You can get a sense of the kinds of work we do by viewing the IMC 2017 Annual Review.
As Principal Consultant you will lead our digital first team, help build our project capacity, and update our future strategy. You will also play a key role in winning and delivering projects and building our technical expertise.
- Lead the communications and marketing team to raise the profile of the Company.
- Work with the communications team to develop and implement a Company Communications Strategy, ensuring online and offline communications materials, channels and networks are up-to-date and relevant.
- Work with the business streams to identify opportunities for thought leadership and build external profiles.
- Provide communications and knowledge management expertise and support on projects across all business streams.
- Act as a point of contact with providers of specialist communications capacity such as web developers, designers and film makers.
- When necessary attend and actively participate in senior management meetings and report on the business activities.
- Coordinate, administer and manage the day-to-day marketing, business development and project implementation operations across the business areas but specifically in communications. Including the pipeline of opportunities, project and business development reporting, invoicing, resolving difficulties, project support, etc.
- Plan, identify and mobilise the resources needed for business development and project operations.
- Assist with the identification, selection, appointment and development of suitable permanent and retained staff to grow this business organically and develop and increase capacity.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with existing and potential key clients, strategic partner firms and independent consultants.
- Maintain a cycle of business development activities including the identification and cultivation of potential clients, market research, preparing marketing strategies and plans, marketing visits, presentations, attendance at conferences and seminars, delivering and publishing papers and generally maintaining for the Company a high-profile presence in the market.
- Oversee, assist and prepare expressions of interest, pre-qualification documents and proposals for opportunities, and prepare fee submission documents.
Click here to download the full job description.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations. In your application please include a portfolio of work or links to campaigns and projects previously worked on.