Innovation Lead – Frontier Technologies
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join the Frontier technologies programme with a view to becoming the Innovation Lead in May when the current lead goes on maternity leave.
The Frontier Technologies (FT) programme is one of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office’s (FCDO’s) most pioneering, exciting, and widely recognised initiatives. FT enables FCDO to explore, understand, test, and scale cutting-edge technologies across its geographic and technical portfolio.
There are two main components to the programme:
- Frontier Technology Livestreaming (FTL) – supports trialling and scaling of new technologies through a series of in-country pilots
- Frontier Tech Futures – enables FCDO staff to explore what radical technological transformation means for the future, and consequently the FCDO
Reporting to the IMC Director of Global Programmes and working closely with the Team Leader of FT, you will lead IMC’s contribution to the programme by assuming responsibility for operational delivery of the FT programme, providing strategic oversight and support across all components of the programme, and managing IMC Innovation Programme Managers engaged on FT.
Working across the FT programme, you will:
- Support the overall management and operational delivery of the programme
- Work closely with partners in setting the strategic direction of FT
- Contribute to creating, sustaining, and continuously improving a culture conducive to innovation both within the team and with client and other external stakeholders
- Identify, create, and capitalise on opportunities to deliver increased value to the programme and client
- Provide support to and coach IMC’s Innovation Programme Managers
- Directly line-manage four staff members
- Deliver frontline programme management and strategic support to a select number of pilot teams on the Livestreaming component, in addition to enabling and supporting other teammates to do so as well
- Contribute to the delivery of Futures engagements working with FCDO staff to design horizon-scanning workshops on different topics such as the future of money/security/work etc
- Meet the quality standards of the company and of the development partners and our Clients
- Meet the high ethical standards of the company as directed by the IMC policies related, but not limited to: Business Ethics, Equal opportunities, Anti-Harassment & Bullying, Safeguarding, Anti-Slavery and Human trafficking and Data Protection
Read the full job description here.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.
For more information about working with IMC please click here.