Business Stream Leader/Senior Technical Director – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead and manage the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Business Stream Leader will support the development of IMC’s rapidly growing international MEL portfolio, working on free standing MEL-related activities and collaboratively across the business to further develop the MEL portfolio with a wide range of clients in all the firm’s main areas of business.
This will involve identifying and responding to opportunities, leading proposal development, providing consultancy services and project direction.
The MEL Business Steam Leader will be part of the IMC Senior Management Team.
- Act within the powers of their role, leading by example and following IMC ethics and company values
- Lead, manage and inspire the team to deliver the MEL strategy and adapt and grow it where and when necessary
- Work closely with the Regional Directors and other Business Streams Leaders from across the business to develop IMC’s integrated MEL capability
- Manage the teams technical inputs on a wide range of assignments as required
- Lead and manage projects and project teams, including undertaking project technical roles, supervising and ensuring the quality of the work of others; in doing so, ensure projects and programmes are delivered to the high standards expected by IMC and our clients
- Lead, coordinate and contribute to the preparation of high-quality expressions of interest and proposals for multilateral and bilateral clients, such as DFID, World Bank, EU and USAID
- Manage programmes and budgets, including financial and technical reporting
- Promote the success of MEL for the benefit of its team members as a whole, paying due regard in decision-making to: likely long-term consequences; employees’ interests; the need to foster relationships with suppliers, associates and team members; the impact of operations on the community and the environment; the need to maintain high standards of business conduct and to act fairly
- Exercise reasonable skill, care and judgement
- Further grow the MEL business stream and nurture the capability of team members
- Identify, select and appoint suitable staff to grow the business in line with the strategic objectives and opportunities
- Cultivate and manage relationships with clients, strategic partner firms and consultants
- Oversee, assist and prepare expressions of interest, prequalification documents and proposals for opportunities and prepare fee submission documents
- Lead company-wide business improvement initiatives or business support or compliance functions as required.
Terms and Conditions
Hours of work – This role is a full-time position.
It is anticipated that the Senior Technical Director will typically spend 30% to 50% of his/her time fee earning, 30% to 50% on business development and 10% to 20% on project support, administration and finance.
Location – The role is based in the IMC offices in Redhill. We are a short walk from Redhill train station, which has direct links to London and the South Coast. There is free parking available on site depending on availability.
Working from home is also possible, following agreement with the Managing Director.
There will be the requirement to travel overseas with this role on a regular basis.
Salary – Competitive salary depending on experience.
Annual leave – 5 weeks annual leave plus public holidays. The holiday year is 1 January – 31 December.
Benefits – Buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, life assurance scheme, private medical insurance, company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. IMC also supplies free refreshments and fruit, and there is a dress-down day every Friday.
To view the complete job description, click here.
How to apply
The recruitment of this position is being handled through an agency. To apply for this position, please contact Gemma Roche at Sillman Thomas: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 5 May 2017.