Business Development Manager/Principal Consultant
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Business Development Manager with a proven track record of producing successful, high-quality tenders and proposals and the ability to identify and build strong relationships with donors and other key stakeholders.
You will have a proven track record of producing successful, high-quality tenders and proposals and the ability to identify and build strong relationships with donors, and other key stakeholders.
You will build pipelines of opportunity leading the business strategy for future business.
- Develop and implement an annual business development plan for the company
- Work with the Regional Directors and Business Stream Leaders to develop and implement business development plans for the regions/service areas
- Prepare an annual marketing budget and manage the budget throughout the year
- Strengthen the company’s business development and marketing processes, systems and procedures including: the marketing and contacts database; knowledge database and management; CV capture and database management; lead identification, selection and management; lead and opportunities pipeline; etc.
- Maintain a cycle of business development activities including the identification and cultivation of potential clients, market research, preparing marketing strategies and plans, marketing visits, presentations, attendance at conferences and seminars, delivering and publishing papers and generally maintaining for the company a high profile presence in the market
- Strengthen the processes, systems and procedures to improve the quality and speed of preparation of expressions of interest, pre-qualification documents and proposals for opportunities and ensure continuous improvement
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of expressions of interest, pre-qualification documents and proposals ensuring high and consistent standards are maintained throughout.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with existing and potential key clients, strategic partner firms and independent consultants
- Organise and implement a client and partner care programme including: client satisfaction/feedback surveys, client and partner development activities, and client and partner events
- Contribute to the planning, management and development of the company
- Ensure technical standards are being maintained, QA procedures are being followed and appropriate health and safety standards are being adhered to
- Assist with the identification, selection and appointment of suitable permanent and retained staff to grow this business organically
- Conduct reviews of projects, ensuring that any lessons learnt are appropriately disseminated and acted upon.
- Work closely with the Communications team to produce high quality focussed marketing materials and communications to promote IMC in our markets.
Terms & Conditions
Hours of work – Full-time working hours are 37.5 per week
Salary – Dependent on experience
Annual Leave – 5 weeks annual leave plus public holidays. The holiday year is 1 January – 31 December.
Benefits – Cycle to work scheme, buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, life assurance, Ccmpany pension scheme, medical insurance, limited free parking. IMC also provide free refreshments and fruit.
There is also a non-contractual bonus system payable annually depending on performance.
We are close to a railway station with easy links to London, Gatwick and the South Coast.
View the full job description here.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, and also the skills and experiences you can bring to the position by Monday 24 April at 9am.