Business Development Consultant – Framework Assistant
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
We are now looking to recruit a Business Development Consultant - Framework Assistant to work with us in our office in Redhill, Surrey helping to grow and manage our framework business.
IMC currently leads, or is a consortium member, on a number of framework contracts with DFID, ADB, EC, EIB, EBRD and MCC. Framework contracts are facilities that enable these international development agencies to mobilise expertise quickly for short to medium-term development consulting assignments around the world.
- Working with IMC’s Business Development and Frameworks teams to identify framework opportunities and on the preparation of framework contract tenders
- Monitoring and responding to framework call-down requests and to Terms of Reference for potential projects
- Producing assignment and project proposals and offers to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
- Negotiating framework proposal budgets and consultant fee rates with partner firms and consultants, and preparing financial proposals
- Managing projects and consultant teams, including managing technical back-stopping and quality assurance of project reporting to clients
- Financial management of projects: controlling budgets, managing expenditure, invoicing and payments
- Communicating with and managing relationships with senior international specialists, development partner representatives and high-level government officials
- Increasing IMC’s specialist consultant CV pool
- Maintaining business development, CV and project reference databases
- University degree. Masters’ degree preferable.
- Preferably at least one year’s prior work experience in the International Development sector
- Preferably at least one year’s prior experience in a business development role with an international development consulting firm
- Previous experience in the preparation of donor-funded project tenders and proposals desirable
- Strong interest in and good knowledge and understanding of international development cooperation
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English. Additional language skills would be significant assets
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Please send a CV and covering email outlining your relevant skills and experience and the extent to which you meet the requirements for the position to email@example.com.
Please include Framework Assistant / Your Name in the subject line.
Salary and terms will depend on the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Closing date for applications 31 October 2015.
Regrettably due to high volumes of respondents we will not be able to respond to every applicant. We will be in touch with applicants who have been shortlisted in due course.