Associate Director – Monitoring and Evaluation
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
To keep up with the growing business, we are looking for an exceptional individual as Associate Director in the Monitoring and Evaluation Business Stream at IMC Worldwide.
The role will include close involvement in business development activities, project management and fee earning and non fee earning technical inputs on projects in the UK and overseas.
You will support the Senior Technical Director/Business Stream Leader in leading, further developing and growing the MEL business.
Some of our current projects:
The MEL Associate Director will:
- Act within the powers of their role, leading by example and following IMC ethics and company values.
- Serve in the capacity of Associate Director of the company, perform the duties and exercise the powers and function which from time to time may reasonably be assigned to or vested in him/her.
- Promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole, paying due regard in decision making to: likely long term consequences; employees’ interests; the need to foster relationships with suppliers, customers and others; the impact of operations on the community and the environment; the need to maintain high standards of business conduct and to act fairly between members of the company.
- Exercise reasonable skill, care and judgement.
- Assist with growing the company’s business in the business stream.
- Oversee the successful delivery of portfolio of projects.
- Prepare in co-operation with the Senior Technical Director a costed strategy to grow the business stream and implement this strategy.
- In co-operation with the Senior Technical Director, prepare an annual budget with performance targets for the stream.
- With the business stream Director, identify, select and appoint suitable staff to grow the business in line with the strategic objectives and opportunities.
- Work with the regions and other business streams to ensure that the right resources and capacity are in place to deliver the portfolio and business stream strategy.
- Deputise for the Senior Technical Director in their absence.
- Cultivate and manage client relationships and selected strategic partner firms.
- Maintain a cycle of business development activities, including the identification and cultivation of potential clients, market research, preparing marketing strategies and plans, marketing visits, presentations, attendance at conferences and seminars, delivering and publishing papers and generally maintaining for the company a high profile presence in the market.
- Develop working relationships within IMC to develop a portfolio of services to public and private sector clients.
- Oversee, assist and prepare expressions of interest, pre-qualification documents and proposals for opportunities and prepare fee submission documents.
- Lead business wide business improvement initiatives or business support or compliance function as required.
It is anticipated that the Associate Director will typically spend 20-40% of their time fee earning, 30-40% on business development and 30-40% project support, administration and finance. Between 30 and 90 days per annum will be spent overseas on company business.
Terms and conditions
Salary – Competitive salary depending on experience.
Annual leave – 25 days annual leave plus public holidays. The holiday year is 1 January – 31 December.
Benefits – Buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, health insurance scheme, company pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, free parking (limited spaces). IMC also provide free refreshments and fruit.
There is also a non-contractual bonus system payable annually depending on performance.
We are also close to Redhill railway station with easy links to London, Gatwick and the South Coast.
View the complete job description here.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, and also the skills and experiences you can bring to the position by Monday 5 June 2017 at 9am.