Associate Director – Economics and Finance
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
IMC Worldwide is expanding and there is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Economics and Finance team in a senior leadership role.
As part of continued expansion and consolidation of our Economics and Finance team, we are seeking a committed and ambitious individual to join the team. The successful candidate will be part of an energetic team which is delivering a range of projects across infrastructure economics, public private partnerships and private sector development. The role will include close involvement in business development activities, project management and the completion of technical inputs to projects, both in the UK and overseas.
Key projects being undertaken by the team include:
- the completion of feasibility studies for infrastructure investment proposals in Nepal and Kazakhstan;
- development of a regional road safety strategy for Central Asia for Asian Development Bank;
- advising Governments in Philippines, New Zealand and Sierra Leone on the development of PPP projects;
- design of an initiative set up by the Australian Government aimed at encouraging private sector innovation in the Pacific;
- running a 2 year programme to build capacity of business mentors in the Caribbean.
Expression of Interest and Proposal Writing:
leading and contributing to the preparation of high quality expressions of interest and proposals/tender documents, as required;
project management, including technical and financial reporting;
- provide technical inputs, backstopping and other administrative/project management support, on a wide range of technical assistance and development advisory projects;
- provide economic and financial analysis, including the implementation of data analysis tools, as required;
- contribute to capacity building and PPP sector development projects in a technical role and supervise the work of other consultants to complete defined deliverables;
- manage projects and lead relevant tasks within a project, including supervising the work of others, as appropriate;
undertake overseas assignments as part of inter-disciplinary teams. The post is likely to involve working abroad for short periods.
- helping to develop and deliver the IMC Economics and Finance stream’s strategy, including making strategic decisions on the proactive targeting of new business opportunities;
- develop business strategies for non-core areas of work, including alternative project financing, institutional investing and advising governments on PPP sector issues.
- support the Senior Technical Director, Economics and Finance team and others, as required, in the development of marketing materials, fee proposals and other inputs;
- support the work of IMC Worldwide as a whole, as required.
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 depending on experience.
Annual Leave: 5 weeks annual leave plus public holidays. The holiday year is 1st January – 31st December.
Benefits: private health insurance, free parking, buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, company pension scheme.
Monday 12 September 2016 at 9 am.
Download a pdf version of the job description here.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and a copy of your CV.