Regional Assistant Manager for the ECA/MENA (Europe/Central Asia - Middle East/North Africa) region
Over six years of experience in international development cooperation, project management and business development in private sector development, innovation and technology and trade related projects, mainly in North Africa.
Mihaela is responsible for helping to grow IMC’s business in the Europe/Central Asia & Middle East/North Africa region and for helping to manage IMC’s operations in the region. She is assisting the Regional Manager in the day to day coordination, administration and management of marketing, business development and project implementation in the region.
Prior to working with IMC, Mihaela has worked in a Paris based consultancy, where she has successfully contributed in winning new business, delivering effective technical assistance to clients and beneficiaries, efficiently managing the portfolio of projects and building client relationships through effective delivery and networking.
She has extensive knowledge of the EU tendering process both for Budget and EDF, EU procurement procedures, PRAG guidelines, financial instruments and procedures and extensive experience in:
- Identification of project opportunities
- In charge of setting up consortia and managing relations with international partners and EU Delegations
- Management of the expression of interest phase, tender preparation, preparation of methodologies, selection of key experts, development of financial proposals
- Providing projects backstopping and monitoring, day-to-day follow-up (Human Resources, reporting, general back-office and support to field staff, supervising the financial aspects of projects, invoicing, audit preparation)
She speaks English, French, Romanian and conversational German.
- Degree in Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest
- Master’s degree in Economical Expertise in International Projects from University Paris Est Creteil