Senior Consultant, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Over seven years’ experience in international development conducting evaluations and building Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems, with a focus on disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, resilience building, livelihoods, sustainability, stabilisation and peacebuilding.
Damien has over seven years’ experience in international development, designing and delivering complex and large scale programmes as well as conducting Research and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL).
He has managed and conducted performance, process, theory-based and thematic evaluations of development and humanitarian programmes in the Caribbean, South/Central Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Working with multiple institutional donors (CIDA, BEIS, DEFRA, DFID, EBRD, FCO, ECHO, IDB, MCC, SIDA and USAID/OFDA), he appraised, designed and strengthened theories of change, logical frameworks, M&E plans, and results frameworks as well as building capacity on MEL related issues.
Experimented in leading learning exercises and delivering knowledge/dissemination strategies as well as in enabling institutional learning through trainings, development of methodologies and guidance materials.
Damien has worked in Chad, France, Malawi, Mali, Haiti, Nepal, New Zealand, Niger, Senegal, Tajikistan, UK and is bilingual (French and English). He is qualified in Project Management (PMD Pro and PRINCE 2) and is a proficient user of the qualitative analysis software NVivo and SurveyMonkey and acquainted with SPSS.
- MRes, Sustainable Development, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, UK, 2014-2015
- MSc, International Development, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK, 2010-2011
- MEL Expert, MEL services of Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) programmes in West Africa, FCO, 2019 – 2021
- Technical Lead/ Monitoring & KPI Review Analyst – Climate Change Compass (ICF MEL Programme), DFID, DECC and DEFRA, Worldwide, 2016-2020.
- Methodologist/Qualitative Analyst, Better Data on the Economic Value of Pan-European Supply Chains (Part 3 – Survey of European businesses), FCO, UK, 2018 – 2019
- MEL Resilience Specialist – Literature Review of Resilience Measurement Tools in Nepal, DFID 2018-2019.
- MEL Specialist – Evaluation and Learning Activity: Integrating Gender Considerations into Climate Resilience Policy and Investment Planning, EBRD, Tajikistan, 2018.
- Manager & Evaluator – Performance Evaluation of USAID/OFDA Nepal DRR Programming, USAID/OFDA, Nepal, 2016-2017.
- Manager & Evaluator – Macro-Evaluation of Regional Approaches in Africa, DFID, Africa, 2015-2018.
- Evaluation Management Support – Monitoring and Evaluation Services for Building Resilience through Asset Creation and Enhancement Phase 2 (BRACE II), DFID, South Sudan, 2017-2019.
- M&E Analyst – Monitoring, Evaluation and Research of the Moving Energy Initiative, Energy4Impact, Worldwide, 2016-2018.
- Manager & Evaluator – Final Evaluation of Making All Voices Count Programme, DFID, Worldwide, 2017-2018.