Senior Consultant, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Over six years’ experience in international development conducting evaluations and building Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems, with a focus on disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and resilience building.
Damien has over 6 years’ experience in international development, designing and delivering complex and large scale programmes as well as conducting Research and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL).
He has managed and conducted technical tasks on performance, process, theory-based and thematic evaluations of development and humanitarian programmes in the Caribbean, South/Central Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Working with multiple institutional donors (CIDA, DFID, EBRD, ECHO, IDB, MCC, SIDA and USAID/OFDA), he appraised, designed and strengthened theories of change, logical frameworks, M&E plans, and results frameworks.
Damien’s M&E experience covers water, sanitation and hygiene, nutrition and health, food security, DRR, earthquake-resistant buildings, climate change adaptation/resilience, gender and renewable energy.
Damien has worked in France, UK, New Zealand, Chad, Malawi, Haiti, Nepal and Tajikistan and is bilingual (French and English). He is qualified in Project Management (PMD Pro and PRINCE 2) and is a proficient user of the qualitative analysis software NVivo.
- MRes, Sustainable Development, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, UK, 2014-2015
- MSc, International Development, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK, 2010-2011
- MEL Resilience and Dissemination Specialist – Literature Review of Resilience Measurement Tools in Nepal, DFID 2018-2019.
- MEL Specialist – Evaluation and Learning Activity: Integrating Gender Considerations into Climate Resilience Policy and Investment Planning, EBRD, Tajikistan, 2018.
- Monitoring & KPI Review Analyst – Climate Change Compass (ICF MEL Programme), DFID, DECC and DEFRA, Worldwide, 2016-2020.
- Evaluation Manager & Evaluator – Performance Evaluation of USAID/OFDA Nepal DRR Programming, USAID/OFDA, Nepal, 2016-2017.
- Project Manager & Evaluator – Macro-Evaluation of Regional Approaches in Africa, DFID, Africa, 2015-2018.
- Evaluation Management Support – Monitoring and Evaluation Services for Building Resilience through Asset Creation and Enhancement Phase 2 (BRACE II), DFID, South Sudan, 2017-2019.
- M&E Analyst – Monitoring, Evaluation and Research of the Moving Energy Initiative, Energy4Impact, Worldwide, 2016-2018.
- Project Manager & Evaluator – Final Evaluation of Making All Voices Count Programme, DFID, Worldwide, 2017-2018.