Entrepreneurship and SME Development
Harnessing communities’ knowledge, skills and resources to support the development of profitable and sustainable business.
A variety of factors inhibit the growth of productive SMEs. These include the lack of a robust regulatory system, limited access to credit, and high transaction costs. In order to overcome these market- and government failures, IMC’s experts support governments in formulating and adopting inclusive policies that remove market deepening impediments. Examples include innovation and competitiveness policies with emphasis on SME development.
- Business Incubator development and implementation
- Business and product acceleration and mentoring
- Business eco-system development and SME sector strengthening and scale-up
- Policy analysis and strategy
- Assessment of investment climate and impediments to market deepening
- Access to finance
- Financial guarantee funds and financing
- Challenge and innovation funds
- Business planning
- Trade facilitation