More than 100 international development projects delivered across both Anglophone and Francophone Africa.
- pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
- detailed engineering design, construction supervision and programme management
- transport policy and planning
- institutional strengthening and organisation change
- economics and the private sector, including public-private partnerships (PPP)
- disaster preparedness and reconstruction
- environment, energy and climate change
- social development and monitoring & evaluation
- resource centres and frameworks
We have a permanent office in Addis Ababa and have worked in Ethiopia since 1996 on projects that involve construction supervision services, feasibility studies and detailed engineering design, and technical assistance.
- Technical Assistance to the Ethiopian Road Authority on establishing and implementing a system for monitoring of contractors and consultants performance.
IMC has provided over six years of Technical Assistance to the National Road Authority and we are currently in our second year of TA to the Trans-Gambia Corridor project – an important economic and strategic link connecting northern
and southern parts of The Gambia and Senegal.
We have worked in Lesotho continuously since 1993 on projects from engineering feasibility studies to providing technical assistance to public bodies.
- Semokong-Sekake Road and Likalaneng-Thaba Tseka (Lot 2), 2005-2014
- Technical Assistance to the Roads Branch and Department of Rural Roads of the Ministry of Public Works and Transport, AfDB, 1994-1999
The Government of Liberia is implementing a programme of Output Performance Based Road Contracts (OPRC) and has tendered the rehabilitation and maintenance of approximately 247km of the major transport corridor between Monrovia and Ganta -Guinea Border in two Lots. IMC has been engaged to
provide short-term assistance for the review of designs and other documents relating to the design and build contract for the Lot 1: Red Light to Gbarnga Road Upgrading Project (180 kms) and is undertaking the Monitoring & Supervision of Lot 2 Gbarnga – Ganta Guinea Border.
IMC Worldwide has a wealth of experience in infrastructure projects and providing technical assistance services in Malawi.
- Technical Assistance to the Transport Sector, European Union, 2012-2016
We have been engaged on an almost continual basis in Mozambique since 1983 with donor spending reviews, engineering projects, and providing technical assistance.
- Technical Assistance for the Integrated Roads Programme (PRISE) on behalf of the Ministry of Public Works and Housing, European Union, 2010-2012
Long-term Technical Assistance to the
Directorate of Regional Roads, to Administracao
Nacional de Estradas (ANE), World Bank, 2004-
We are currently working on GGGI project ‘Developing Rwanda Secondary Cities as Green Model Cities with Green Economic Opportunities’ which aims to define the green
pathway to achieve sustainable secondary cities.
IMC are providing PPP Unit Support in Sierra Leone. IMC are working closely with the Office of the President, in order to pave the way for multiple Public Private Partnerships to be
implemented. IMCs support includes the provision of direct technical assistance and capacity building. The selected PPPs will focus on the priority areas set by the government of
Sierra Leone and include Transport and Renewable Energy.
IMC is carrying out consulting services for preparation of an Output and Performance Based Road Contracting (OPRC) for Juba – Nadapal Road (forming part of the major transport corridor linking South Sudan to Kenya). IMC are preparing a suite of OPRC bidding documents and providing support
during the procurement of the contracts.
We have worked in Uganda since 1996 on projects that involve ongoing technical audit and technical assistance to develop improved management systems, advise on issues relevant
to Uganda National Roads Authority’s activities, fill short-term capacity gaps, and train UNRA staff (European Union, 2010-2014).
- Creating Opportunities for Sustainable Spending on Roads (CrossRoads) Programme, DFID, 2011- 2016
- Long-term Policy Adviser to the Ministry of Works and Transport, DFID, 2010-2013
- Technical Audits to UNRA, World Bank
- Technical Assistance to Road Agency Formation Unit, EC, 2005-2009
- Technical Assistance to Uganda Road Fund, DANIDA, 2009-2011
IMC Worldwide has a wealth of experience in highway projects and providing technical services in Zambia. IMC has been involved in all aspects of project co-ordination and are fully
familiar with the complex problems and requirements of infrastructure projects.
- Development of Sub-Saharan Africa Transport Governance Indicators – Zambia and 3 other sub-Saharan countries, 2011-2012
- Chembe Bridge across the Luapula River – construction supervision, 2006-2008
- Regional Transport Study – Zambia and 3 other sub-Saharan countries, 2005