Regional Assistant Consultant – Africa and Caribbean
Permanent position, Full-Time, United Kingdom
Do you have an interest in International Development? Do you want the opportunity to work with a committed and talented team who work hard and deliver outstanding results? If so, we would like to hear from you!
You will be joining a small and friendly team within IMC’s UK head office and will provide support with business development and project coordination activities. There will also be opportunities to travel within the region.
As well as helping us grow the business, we will help you grow in confidence and skill and knowledge base.
- Work with IMC’s technical business area teams to identify opportunities in the Africa & Caribbean region
- In cooperation with the Regional Associate Director – plan, identify and mobilise the resources needed for the regional business development and project operations
- Coordinate and produce project Expressions of Interest (EOIs) and proposals to a high standard and to tight deadlines
- Work with the team to support the negotiation of proposal budgets and consultant fee rates with partner firms and consultants, and prepare financial proposals
- Support the team to ensure marketing, business development and project implementation operations in the region. This includes the pipeline of opportunities, project and business development reporting, invoicing, chasing debtors, contracting, logistics, resolving difficulties, project support, etc.
- Work with the team to support the financial management of projects, including controlling budgets, managing expenditure, invoicing and payments
- Support to the Regional team to ensure business practices are adhered to across the entire business (bid approval procedures, business integrity & code of ethics, quality/H&S/Security standard, etc.)
- Maintain project data on IMC’s internal opportunity tracker tool for all projects and work with the communications team to promote our projects and experience
- Carry out research in support of the development of the Regional Strategy
- Communicate with and develop relationships with partner firms, senior international specialists, and development partner representatives
- Pull together reports, final editing including headers and footers, tables and figure numbers, organising annexes, converting to PDF and stitching together component parts
- Increase IMC’s specialist consultant CV pool
- Maintain business development, CV and project reference databases
- Manage projects and support on project tasks, under guidance from the Region and Project Managers, to ensure delivery to the highest standards expected by IMC and our clients
- Provide support to the Regional team and across the company as needed
- Meet the quality standards of the company and of the development partners, our Clients
- Meet the high ethical standards of the company as directed by the IMC policies related, but not limited to: Business Ethics, Equal opportunities, Anti-Harassment & Bullying, Safeguarding, Anti-Slavery and Human trafficking and Data Protection
Click here to view the complete job description.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
The closing date is Friday 1 February.