Monitoring, evaluation & learning
Cross-cutting monitoring and evaluation services, and measurement of impact and results from design and project implementation to post-completion evaluation services.
At the heart of the renewed M&E agenda in development is the push for demonstrating value-for-money, evidence-based decision making and effective project prioritisation. This trend towards improving development project M&E has increased demand from taxpayers and project participants for demonstrated impact, results and value for money.
Now more than ever, programmes must deliver proven programmatic impact and share lessons to improve the global evidence base.
We practise M&E across all technical areas in which we operate, from social development, climate change and environment, innovation and livelihoods to transport infrastructure engineering and management.
When designing projects, we ensure that our programmes are structured to allow them to be measured objectively. We have a dedicated in-house team of experts in M&E and impact evaluation and learning who also provide technical backstopping. They are complemented by our wide network of specialists with niche expertise.
- design of M&E frameworks, toolkits and M&E capacity building programme governments, donor agencies, and the private sector
- delivery of monitoring, evaluation and independent verification of programme implementation
- evaluation management services, designing evaluation frameworks and evaluation questions, and process, portfolio and intervention level evaluations
- design and delivery of locally appropriate and robust data collection tools and simple reporting methods
- design of indicators using transparent and systematic approaches (quality criteria, scoring, shortlisting and piloting) based on evidence and best practice
- qualitative and quantitative longitudinal and cross-sectional impact surveys)